Thursday, April 14, 2011

Vanity Update

I mentioned earlier in the month that I was looking for a vanity so I could stop sitting in floor every morning and feign some glamour and intrigue.

I think I've finally found it...and I'm kinda pretty much super really excited, because it's big enough to have a little desk space too. Well, technically it is a desk.

Obviously, it's not a traditional vanity per se, but I love the idea of mix and match and think this would look great with some bold color or silver metal boxes and a simple black or burnt orange colored mirror. Or maybe one like this:

There are even cute little pull-out surfaces on both sides. I'll probably use these for fresh flowers and fan mail, love letters from other celebrities, my various Academy Awards and Nobel Prizes and maybe some Twizzlers.



Oh...and I think I must also have this chair. the little wooden "x" on the back is made of curved wood from Vietnam. It was also important to me that the chair tuck completely underneath when not in use, which this does perfectly. It shall be mine.

Here's a (grainy) pic I took at the store so you can see how they look together. I realize the weathered natural look is not for everyone, but I think it's fun to match the masculine with the feminine if you will, so there you have it: Vietnamese work table turned girly makeup station. I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

  1. i absolutely adore the desk. i would love to find something like this for a vanity as well. something unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I love how it looks so Anthropology! (especially since I guess the mirror is from there) But that chair looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! And that desk is definitely big enough to multi-task.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so simple yet so cute! Wish I had space in my room for a vanity, I want one so bad

    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the natural weathered look! Such a lovely combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the combo! I too have been on the search for a dated desk. Congrats on your find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow I didnt realize how big the desk was until it was shown with the chair.

    ReplyDelete