Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Necessity of Playing in the Dirt



There are so many things to love about living in a busy city. You can have Vietnamese food for lunch and creme brulee for dinner, see the opera on Friday and a Monster Truck rally on Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

I live in an area just outside Atlanta where I walk to and from work, the bank, the grocery store, the yummy frozen yogurt place, the local pub, the other local pub, the post office, music venues, boutiques, art galleries, the Thai restaurant, the French Restaurant, the BBQ restaurant, the Organic Farm to Table Restaurant, the ...you get the idea.

I love love love it that I'm so close to everything, and surrounded by such diverse and lovely people.
But sometimes...

I just want to watch the leaves flutter without hearing the hum of traffic or the coming and going sounds of those lovely people. I want to be without an agenda. I want to count ants. I want to think about life before the interweb and gps, and mp3's and mpg and so on and so forth.

This weekend, I will do just that. (:
I hope that you all have something beautiful planned as well.
Enjoy! See You Monday.


Every day, on my way home, I walk through Sycamore Park where Freckled Boy and I had our first date (and he later proposed). Sometimes, the view makes me grateful that I'm using my feet to walk and not to press a gas pedal.

6 comments:

  1. have fun enjoying nature! i live in Denver and one of my favorite things about the city is you are an hour away from the mountains. it's nice to have a mix of city & nature :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Atlanta earlier this week for a business trip! It was beautiful. Your parks are way better than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had known of this. Let me know next time if you'd like a local guide/coffee buddy. :) We do have lots, n' lots, n' lots o' trees. I'm going slightly further north where there are lots (n' lots, n' lots) more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, your proposal story sounds adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! Spring is in full swing around here (about 180 miles from Atlanta in East TN)Just getting out and away sometimes is so good for recharging! I am digging in the garden and anxiously awaiting the first lightning bugs!

    ReplyDelete