Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mirror, Mirror, Leaned Against Stuff...



I'm a grown up. At least that's what the IRS tells me. But every morning, I'm still sitting in the floor, legs crossed, applying mascara as though I were 14.

It's time for a change.

I think the fun part about having an Etsy shop is that I get to view the earnings there as "fun money". Maybe one day, I'll become wildly successful and will suddenly see the profits from my necklaces and calligraphy as a serious source of income, but for now...it's for beach vacations (Coming soon! Hooray!) and...drum roll..."Grown Up Furniture".

That's right, it's time for a vanity.

The question is, do I go all girly with Venetian glass and atomizer perfume bottles or search vintage shops and find a restored bright lacquered writing desk with a big carved wooden mirror and dot it with tiny sculptures from my travels (can you tell I've thought about this a little?), or one with sleek modern lines and chrome accents, or ......oh, options. It's like the cereal aisle. Toooo many choices.

Do you use a vanity or lean over the sink every morning? I think you should get a vanity too (Boys too. Why not?) if you don't have one. Wear a robe around and sip expensive French tea. Talk in strange accents and complain to your agent (cat, dog, whomever) that you simply must book this year's trip to Monaco before the masseuse arrives. Or, um, you know, drink your coffee and fix your hair.

3 comments:

  1. Oh good lord I just bought myself a fancy lttle mirror on a pedestal that I balance on a box...on the floor...*cough*.....we have been renovating our bathroom for like 2 years and I still have no where to put on makeup! I too suffer from PMOOTF ( Puts Makeup On On The Floor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I've never had a vanity, I'm just with you crosslegged next to the mirror or doing my makeup in the bathroom when the mirrors still fogged up from the shower. But if I could have one, then shoot--glam it up. It's one of those girly girly things I wouldn't be ashamed of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby bought me a vanity for Christmas a few years ago, and I love it! Forget putting pretty little bottles and such on it, they just get in the way when you dust :)

    ReplyDelete